Usually I do not talk about limited edition collections since it would be for some of you hard to find these products in a future. However, the recent YSL collaboration made me really interested.
YSL BEAUTY teamed up with its brand ambassador, actress and singer ZOE KRAVITZ to create a collection of lipsticks Zoe loves and prefers to wear. The formula used for the collection is a classic ROUGE PUR COUTURE formula in three finishes: satin, matte and shimmer.
There are SIX shades available in the collection: three nudes and three reds.
- Arlene’s Nude – a rosewood with a satin finish
- Maris’ Nude – a warm brown shade with a matte finish
- Honey’s Nude – a rose nude with a shimmery finish
- Wolf’s Red – a universal intense bold red with a satin radiant finish
- Scout’s Red – a bright red with orange undertones with a matte finish.
- Lale’s Red – a strong dark red with a shimmer finish.
All shades are named after Zoe’s close people like her Mum Lale and her dog (!) Scout.
The limited edition case has a sparkling design with a black logo
“The black logo on the black packaging came from one of my favorite Saint Laurent bags, called the Niki Bag. And the sparkle was inspired by the Black Opium packaging,” – Says Zoe
While I am not the biggest fan of YSL lipstick formulas the collection attracted me and if I have a chance to buy it – I WILL DO.
The collection is already available at YSL BEAUTY USA website ($38 each). Not affiliated
It should be available worldwide from September.